Reinvention Or Revolution?! I call it Viva La' Alevolution~!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cooking, Art, Design & Sports

Well lets talk about the first 2 things which interests me.

"Mother Nature greatest gift to us are the thousands and thousands of smells and flavors for us to create endless good dishes! "

Cooking - hell all my friends knows i love my food. From the salad to the charred lamb ribs.... Damn i will eat them all... that is of course the reason for me being the size i am now. (Haha)
But only a handful knows i love to cook.. to cook for anyone who dares to try my dishes.
Well i hope the 3 years at Pan Pacific will help me on my cooking.

"Colours are like the ingredients,
Art is like cooking where the mixture of colours creates art and mixture of ingredients creates dishes"

Art - Well i only like certain art. Art where Its the colours and the way its being used in painting, photos or even buildings. The way it brings out the feeling of what the artist wanted to express.
Great Paintings like the sunflower, The Mona Lisa, even the Last supper. All which express the great artist's feeling. This part of my interest which helps in my way of cooking.

"To paint is art.. To create creative art is Design"

Design - Well i am not much of a designer but i love the the different designs that are out there...
Designs like working out an alternative way or view point of an existing art form. Different point of expression or different application of the same art. Fusion, Oriential, Western, Tribal... Millions of art form but applying art to daily life is Design.

"A painting or design without passion is just simply arranged colours or idea"

Sports- I may look fat but i do different kinds of sports, Judo, football, basketball, badminton... All kinds but all have the same fundamentals which can relate to your daily life.. that is the passion and competitive spirit which drives men's improvement and success in other aspects of life. Why this related to cooking... without the passion in cooking, Chinese seifu would not have the "ho hei" or cooking heat. Or you hot steak would just taste meaty without any good red wine sauce. Competitive spirit where drives people to create and design new stuff, better the old or creating a new taste or trend.

1 Comments:

  • I don't know you are good at cooking. Show me your skills next time.

    By Blogger Guo Cheng, at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home